A prayer appeal

The Church is in bad shape at the moment.
Allegations of sexual abuse of minors, or covering up that abuse, are in the news. And there are allegations of the corruption reaching into the Vatican, even the Pope himself.
I am not in a position to determine the truth or falsity of these allegations, but, even if they're false, much harm has been done to the Church's credibility, and therefore its message.
I've even seen where one American Jesuit has tweeted that "The Holy Spirit knows what SHE is doing". (my emphasis)
How many have been driven away because the allegations?
How many clergy - bishops, priests, and deacons - have been wounded - certainly emotionally, and, in some cases physically, by those retaliating.
And, if the allegations are true, how many have been wounded by the evil they report?
We can petition that the charges be answered, but such petitions can be ignored.
But, there is one judge - the ULTIMATE Judge - who will listen to our petitions, and those petition must be necessarily for judgment of the evil, but for the strengthening of the Church.
Therefore, I believe the Holy Spirit is leading me to call for as many of my friends to join me in prayer.
Next Friday September 14, is the Feast of the Triumph of the Holy Cross on both the Roman and Byzantine Calendars.
I ask you, each of you, each day, to join with me in praying
1) The Athanasian Creed, that we can declare the True Faith, the faith in the Most Holy Trinity and the Two Natures of Christ.
2) The Chaplet of the Holy Cross
3) The Litany of the Holy Cross.

Comments