We need renewal

Cardinal Gerhard Müller: Spiritual renewal is the Church’s foremost need



Too often, we fall into the trap of believing that this politician or that one will solve our problems.
Scripture addresses this attitude.
"Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no help" - Ps 146:3
That's not say that we ought not be responsible citizens and vote, but it DOES tell us that we ought not expect too much.

Granted, when we cut through the biased reporting, it appears that Trump is doing a good job - but, he's still a man. He's not a savior.

The ONLY real hope for this nation - or for this world - requires that we drop to our knees.
"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14.

Let me ask you
Have you humbled yourself?
Have you prayed?
Have you sought His face?
Have you turned from your wicked ways? (And, that doesn't mean confessing on Sunday - or Saturday - and then going out on Monday to commit the same sin. It means repenting).

I'll confess that I don't always do this.
So, like everyone else that hasn't done this, I'm part of the problem.
When we, as Christians (those who are called by His name) do this, THEN, and only Then, can we expect Him to
Hear from heaven
Forgive our sins
Heal our land.

The choice is yours.
You can continue to be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution.

Comments